1. When was YouTube started?
YouTube was found on February 14, 2005.
2. Who founded YouTube?
YouTube was founded by Steve Chen, Chad Hurley, and Jawed Karim. Prior to it, they all were the employees of PayPal.
3. Which company bought YouTube and when?
Google bought Youtube in November 2006 for US$1.65 billion through a legal process.
4. Which was the first video uploaded to YouTube?
The first YouTube video was titled as “Me at the zoo”, it has Youtube’s co-founder Jawed Karim at the San Diego Zoo.
5. When was the first video uploaded to YouTube?
The first video on Youtube was uploaded on April 23, 2005, and can still be viewed on the site.
6. Which video was the first to reach 1 million views?
The first video to reach one million views was a Nike advertisement featuring Ronaldinho in November 2005.
7. When did YouTube accomplish 100 million video views per day?
YouTube was receiving 65,000 uploads and 100 million video views every day by July 2006.
8. How has YouTube’s uploads’ duration changed over the years?
In May 2011, 48 hours of new video contents were uploaded to the Youtube
every minute, which increased to 60 hours every minute in January 2012,
9. When did YouTube start free streaming?
YouTube began free streaming of certain content in March 2010, including 60 Indian Premier League.
10. How has YouTube’s daily watch hours generated changed over the years?
In May 2010, YouTube videos were watched more than two billion times per day. This increased to three billion in May 2011, and four billion in January 2012. In February 2017, one billion hours of YouTube was watched every day.
11. What is the eligibility criteria to unlock community posts?
As of September 2019, the current threshold is 1000 subscribers.
12. When was YouTube localization launched?
YouTube localization was launched on June 19, 2009 in Paris.
13. When was YouTube’s revenue published for the first time?
Google first published exact revenue numbers for YouTube in February 2020 as part of Alphabet's 2019 financial report.
14. What was YouTube’s revenue in 2019?
YouTube had made US$15.1 billion in ad revenue in 2019, in contrast to US$8.1 billion in 2017 and US$11.1 billion in 2018.
15. When did YouTube first begin to enter into marketing partnership?
YouTube entered into a marketing and advertising partnership with NBC in June 2006.
(all 1-15 stats taken from Wikipedia- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YouTube
16. Which video reached 1 billion views first?
In December 2012, "Gangnam Style" became the first video to reach one billion views.
17. Which video created prior to YouTube’s creation was the first to reach 1 billion views?
"November Rain" by Guns N' Rosesbecame the first video made prior to YouTube's creation to reach this threshold by July 2018.
18. Which video reached 2 billion views first?
In May 2014 "Gangnam Style" became the first video to exceed two billion views.
19. Which video reached 3 billion views first?
"Despacito" became the first video to reach three billion views in August 2017, and since has surpassed four billion in October 2017, five billion in April 2018, and six billion in February 2019.
20. How many videos have crossed 2 billion views mark?
As of March 2020, 45 videos have exceeded two billion views.
21. How many videos have crossed 3 billion views mark?
As of March 2020, 45 videos have exceeded two billion views; ten of these 45 have exceeded three billion views.
22. How many videos have crossed 4 billion views mark?
As of March 2020, 45 videos have exceeded two billion views; ten of these 45 have exceeded three billion views, and five of these 45 have exceeded four billion views.
23. How many videos have crossed 6 billion views mark?
As of March 2020, 45 videos have exceeded two billion views; and one of which have exceeded six billion views.
24. Which are the fastest videos to reach 1 billion views?
As of March 2020, the fastest videos to reach the one billion view mark are "Hello" (87 days), "Despacito" (96 days), "Shape of You" (97 days), "Mi Gente" (103 days) and "Échame la Culpa" (111 days).
25. Which are the videos to reach 2 billion mark fastest?
The fastest videos to reach two billion views are "Despacito" (154 days), "Shape of You" (187 days) and "Girls Like You" (293 days).
26. What are fastest videos to reach 3 billion mark fastest?
The fastest videos to reach three billion views are "Despacito" (203 days), "Shape of You" (342 days) and "See You Again" (852 days).
27. What is the most viewed video on YouTube?
The most viewed video is a music video Despacito by Luis Fonsi featuring Daddy Yankee. It has amassed over 6.6 billion views.
(all 16-27 stats taken from Wikipedia- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most-viewed_YouTube_videos
28. Which video has the most dislikes?
"YouTube Rewind 2018: Everyone Controls Rewind" has the most dislikes- 17.68 million; a dislike percentage of 83.39%. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most-disliked_YouTube_videos
29. Which videos has the most likes?
The most liked video is Despacito with 36.77 million likes, a like percentage of 89.28%.
30. Which video has the highest like percentage?
Faded by Alan Walker has the highest like percentage- 97.39%.
(29/30-taken from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most-liked_YouTube_videos )
31. Which YouTube channel has the highest number of subscribers?
T-series has the highest subscribers- 132 million. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most-subscribed_YouTube_channels
32. What is the most viewed YouTube channel?
The most viewed channel is T-series with 101 billion plus views as of March 2020.
33. Which video on YouTube received highest views in first 24 hours of uploading?
Boy with luv by BTS received 74 .6 million views in first 24 hours- the highest.
34. Which movie trailer has the highest views on YouTube?
Avengers: Endgame has the highest views- 289 million.
35. How many people use YouTube?
Over 2 billion logged-in users visit YouTube each month.
36. How many views does YouTube generate each day?
Every day people watch over a billion hours of video and generate billions of views.
37. What is YouTube mobile usage?
More than 70% of YouTube watch time is generated from mobile devices.
38. How many countries have localized YouTube?
YouTube has launched local versions in more than 100 countries. You can navigate YouTube in a total of 80 different languages.
39. Do people earn six figures yearly through YouTube?
The number of channels earning six figures per year on YouTube grew more than 40% y/y.
40. Do people earn five figures yearly through YouTube?
The number of channels earning five figures per year on YouTube grew more than 50% y/y.
41. How many channels have more than 1 million subscribers?
The number of channels with more than one million subscribers grew by more than 65% y/y.
42. How much revenue do YouTubers make through content ID?
Over the past five years, YouTube has paid out over $2 billion to partners who have chosen to monetize their claims using Content ID.
43. How many people are using content ID on YouTube?
Over 9,000+ partners are using Content ID, including many major network broadcasters, movie studios and record labels.
(35-43 stats taken from https://www.youtube.com/intl/en-GB/about/press/
44. What is the prime-time average weekly audience for YouTube mobile?
On mobile, in an average week, YouTube reaches more adults 18+ during prime-time more than any other cable network does.
45. How many adults are consuming YouTube?
75% adults report watching YouTube at home on their mobile devices.
46. What is the peak time at which people consume YouTube?
Home mobile YouTube viewing occurs primarily during prime time.
47. In what orientation do people prefer watching YouTube videos?
70% people default to horizontal viewing when watching videos on their phones.
48. What are the most watched categories on YouTube?
The top four categories watched by people are comedy, music, entertainment/ pop culture and ‘how-to’.
49. Why do people spend time on YouTube?
The top reasons people watch YouTube is “to relax” and “for entertainment”.
50. How many users prefer YouTube over other websites?
Almost 4 times more people prefer watching video on YouTube as on social platforms that are less video-centric.
51. How does YouTube help users to make a purchase decision?
68% of YouTube users watched YouTube to help make a purchase decision.
52. How engrossed are users while watching videos on YouTube?
2 times mobile users are 2 times as likely to pay close attention while watching YouTube as compared to TV users while watching TV.
(44-52 stats taken from https://www.thinkwithgoogle.com/data/youtube-shopping-decision-statistics/ )
53. How many product reviews do users seek from YouTube?
Over 50,000 years of product review videos have been watched on mobile devices over the past two years.
54. How many users watch YouTube to learn something new?
In the past year, 70% of the millennial YouTube users watched YouTube to learn something new or learn more about they are interested in.
55. How many people prefer watching YouTube tutorials than the instructions on the product?
When it comes to learning about new products, YouTube users are 3 times more likely to prefer watching a YouTube tutorial video than reaching the product’s instructions.
56. How many users watch apartment/ home tour videos on YouTube?
Over 7300 years of watch time of apartment tour/ home tour videos in the past two years has been generated.
(53-56 stats have been taken from- https://www.thinkwithgoogle.com/consumer-insights/online-video-shopping/ )
57. What portion of American adults’ watches YouTube?
Over 90% of 18-44 year old American internet users watch videos on YouTube.
58. How many females watch YouTube?
Over 50% of YouTube’s audience is female.
59. How many YouTube users are of generation Z?
59% of Generation Z (16-24-year-olds) have increased their YouTube usage since last year.
60. How many YouTube users are millennials?
46% of millennials (25-34-year-olds) have increased their YouTube usage since last year.
61. From which countries does YouTube attract users?
YouTube attracts the most visitors from the United States, India, Japan, Russia, and China.
62. How much are the top creators on YouTube earning?
The top ten YouTubers earned 42% more revenue in 2018 compared to 2017.
63. Which is the largest search engine after YouTube?
YouTube is the second largest search engine after Google.
64. What are the most trafficked websites?
Google is the most trafficked website followed by YouTube.
65. How much content is watched on YouTube every year?
YouTube users collectively watch over 46,000 years of content each year.
66. What portion of most popular videos are music videos?
95% of the most popular YouTube videos are music videos.
67. How much time do users spend on YouTube than on TV?
YouTube users watch more than 180 million hours of content on TV screens every day.
68. How does YouTube help creators to grow?
YouTube provides a free space in Los Angeles where YouTubers with over 10,000 subscribers can learn, connect, and create videos with each other.
69. How much does YouTube’s recommend algorithm influence users to watch videos?
70% on what people watch on YouTube is determined by its recommend algorithm.
70. How much traffic does YouTube receive from the US?
Almost 15% of YouTube’s site traffic comes from the U.S.
71. How much traffic does YouTube receive from India?
93% of video watchers in India are watching YouTube beating Netflix.
72. How many videos among popular videos are of English language?
Only 33% of popular YouTube videos are in English.
73. How much views do the most popular videos garner on YouTube?
10% of the most popular YouTube videos draw 79% of views.
74. What is the highest earning YouTube channel of 2019?
Ryan’s World was the highest earner on YouTube in 2019 earning $26 million.
75. How many daily active users does YouTube have?
YouTube gets over 30 million visitors per day.
76. How many videos are watched on YouTube daily?
Almost 5 billion videos are watched on YouTube every single day.
77. How much revenue does YouTube receive YouTube mobile app?
YouTube’s mobile revenue increases up to 2x y/y.
78. How many small businesses in the USA utilize YouTube?
9% of U.S small businesses use YouTube.
79. How many advertisers are using YouTube to run their ads?
The number of advertisers running video ads on YouTube is up more than 40% y/y.
(75-79 stats from https://merchdope.com/youtube-stats/ )
80. Which video received most upvotes in 2019?
The most-upvoted video of 2019 was Señorita by Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello.
81. Which video received most dislikes in 2019?
The most-downvoted video of 2019 was YouTube’s own 2019 rewind.
82. What was the most watched video of 2019?
The most-watched video of 2019 was Con Calma by Daddy Yankee & Snow.
83. What are the most searched terms on YouTube?
84. What are the most searched termed in the US?
In the US the biggest search term is ‘pewdiepie’.
(83/84 taken from https://ahrefs.com/ )
85. How many active YouTube users are there in India?
YouTube has 265 million active users in India.
86. How many creators are there on YouTube?
There 50 million creators on YouTube.
87. Which is the most subscribed gaming channel?
JuegaGerman is the most-subscribed YouTube gaming channel.
88. What is the most uploaded game on YouTube?
Minecraft is the most-uploaded game to YouTube.
89. How many people use YouTube Premium Music?
YouTube Premium Music counts an estimated 15 million users.
90. How much mobile internet traffic does YouTube attract?
YouTube accounts for the most megabytes, with percent of all mobile internet traffic.
91. How much video content is uploaded on YouTube?
As of May 2019, 500 hours of video content is uploaded on YouTube every single minute.
92. How much views does beauty influencer marketing account for?
In the beauty industry, influencer content accounts for 60% of the video views on YouTube while brands accounts for 39%. The remaining 1% of views goes to publisher content.
93. How much did YouTube make through advertising in the US?
In the US alone, the platform made $4.96 billion in net advertising revenue in 2019 and is likely to make around $5.47 billion in 2020.
94. What type of True View ads do users prefer more?
Eight out of 10 viewers prefer TrueView ad to standard in-stream ads. And nine out of 10 viewers believe that TrueView gives them a better viewing environment.
95. How many B2B marketers are using YouTube today?
Video is one of the top five most used content types among B2B marketers, with 71% of them using it.
96. How much average time do users spend on YouTube each day?
Each visitor spends 11m 24s per day on YouTube, on averagex.
97. How many pages does a user visit on YouTube?
Each visit to YouTube involves 6.5 pageviews, on average.
98. How much watch times is generated by users watching YouTube on TV screens?
YouTube says 250 million hours of watch time per day are happening on TV screens.
99. How many users are engaging with creators on YouTube?
70% more YouTube users are engaging with creators and channels.
100. How is YouTube helping to prevent spread of misinformation?
People are watching 70% less harmful/misinformative/borderline video content on YouTube.
101. How many people prefer YouTube to online TV?
60% of people prefer online video to live TV.
Want to grow your youtube channel too, buy youtube subscribers from us.